You will find the best place for information about taxes in the Graduate Student Center Resource Guide.

If you are an international student, OIP (Office of International Programs) has a great page on Tax Basics for International Students.

Students will receive W-2s from the University during the service years of their time at Penn. They will also receive a 1098-T detailing tuition and other educational expenses.

Students who receive non-service fellowships may only receive a letter from the university letting them know how much they have received in fellowship over the past year. That does not mean that the money is not taxable; an individual must determine his or her tax status. A good place to start is the GSC Resouce Guide page on taxes linked above. If you have questions on preparing your taxes, please address them to a tax professional. SASgov cannot legally provide any tax advice.